Happy New Year! I do hope to be better at blogging. Maybe once a week?
Bindings... We all seem to have them. Things that we do that we blame on our childhood, or how we were traumatized, or something else that happened TO us as some point in time.
I have begun to wonder more and more why it is that I have to be bound to things from 20+ years ago.
Really? I mean, I have been married for 28 1/2 years. Why am I still categorized, labeled, and think of myself as that foolish, floundering teen? And I do it to myself.
II Corinthians 5:17 says, "...all things have become new." New? One of the definitions for new is "not known or experienced before".
One teacher said, God doesn't just refurbish us. He doesn't just take our old junk and turn it into something that might be reusable. He actually makes us new.
I am slowly learning that when a brother hurts me, I have a choice. When my husband disappoints me (only about once every 10 years, ya know), I have a choice. When my children frustrate me, I have a choice.
I can choose to be new or I can choose to be bound. I can choose what God is doing in me or I can choose to take up the mantra of the enemy that has been whispering since my teens, or before.
I am trying to make those choices that will allow me to choose to be new.
Great point. :) Wonderful goal.
ReplyDelete