Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mom's Special Day

On this day 14 years ago, I officially became a mama at home. By that I mean, I actually got to bring my 3 1/2 month old son home from the hospital.


He was a whopping 4 lbs. 4 oz on the day he came home. He had been in the NICU 103 days. It is amazing to think that he doesn't hold the record. He did come close, though.

We had real concerns. He was on oxygen for over 6 weeks. How would that effect development? Was his vision okay? Was his hearing okay? Would he be functional or have special needs?

At that point, I didn't really care either way. I was just so thrilled to be a mama!


It took him quite a while to start catching up in development. He was so tiny. In this picture, at about 7 months old, he was weighing in at 8 pounds. But he still liked to explore and check out his toys.


In this picture with Dad, he was about 8-9 months old. That means he was weighing about 9-10 pounds. He was getting stronger and stronger.

I have tons and tons of pictures (Dad found my CD!!!) The kids and I could spend all day pouring over them.

After 14 years of marriage and 2 miscarriages. We were just so amazed to have baby at all.

Four years later, that boy began praying for a sister. So when she arrived, he was thrilled to pieces. And I got double blessed.


I do get tired. I do get frustrated. I do stay confused. I do try to stay on my knees knowing how to the next stage.

However, this has been an amazing, thrilling, precious, precious adventure.

Here he is at 14 laying on the crib mattress before it was sent away. Boy, has he grown!


I am so thankful that there is still more of this journey to be had!

1 comment:

  1. Wowie wow wow wow! 8 pounds at 7 months! Wow!

    I'm so grateful for you too! YeA!

    ReplyDelete