I love my family!
I am so blessed to have the four of us. Then we are triply blessed since we have 3 of the kids grandparents living close by. Wow! The kids have never even had to have a baby-sitter. And the legacy of watching and learning from them first-hand is even better than just what we tell the kids.
However, we do have quite a bit of extended family, too. Most live in this same state, but we don't see them often enough.
How do I attempt to keep in touch? Well, unfortunately, I am not very good at it. I try to send email birthday cards (since I don't think about it the week before).
But, some of the family only seems to be on Facebook (which I only go look at and don't spend time there), one has a blog, some only do email but don't have 'real' Internet access. I even have one person that doesn't even have a computer at her house! (Can you imagine that?)
In the past few months, I have been making an attempt to actually sit down and write a real letter to my non-electronic family member.
When my boy was little, and even for the first couple of years of my girl, I regularly sent out an email to family that I called "Boonie News". I always got comments when I saw family, but I didn't hear much from them. Mostly, I did it as a journal for myself, I thought.
Recently, I have been asked to do a similar thing at least once a month for some of my email family.
Now, letter writing, blogging, journaling and emailing..... Are folks really that interested in us? I suppose it doesn't even really matter what I say, just that I thought of them when I sent it.
Hmmmm....that's worth writing for.
Keeping in touch is difficult. You are such a blessing to me and I know to your extended family.
ReplyDelete