Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Life in Death

Last week we "lost" a very special lady in our Bible study group. Barbara Miller was such a precious, godly woman. I am so thankful to call her my friend.

This has really been an interesting experience for me. I have not "lost" many people close to me, ever. I am so blessed. We were not expecting for Barbara to go home when she did. Sure, she was 74 and had had a stroke last year, but she wasn't on our list of being prepared for "losing". It was quite a surprise. From what I have heard, she passed quietly at home by herself in the week after her son came down for Mother's Day. So she was happy. She had a confidence in her place in heaven with the Father. What a blessing!

I am so very aware that I miss her, but she isn't missing us. It is like all those old cliches about she is in a better place, she no longer hurts, she is dancing now like she has wanted to dance for several years. All of that is so true and so real for her. I don't have to make that up for her so that I feel better.

This was no tragedy. We did not lose her. We know where she is. We were blessed to share her. Father God is still answering all of her questions, and she may actually wear him out with her dancing. :D

We are already missing her. No one will fill her spot on that front seat at church. No one can do the Louisiana drawl as well as she could.

I wonder if others will be as confident in my second home as I am in Barbara's. Thank you, Lord, for sharing her with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment