Happy anniversary to us!
Last Friday was our 27th wedding anniversary. That sounds like a long time, but it hasn't felt that long. On top of that, in just a few weeks we can say we have known each other for 32 years. Whew! Someone else must be old, 'cuz I'm not that old. Am I? Hee.
Way back in 1983, they didn't use as many fancy color words. Our wedding colors weren't periwinkle and cream, they were baby blue and white. Honey's best friend really HATED his baby blue tux he was asked to wear. We also didn't have digital photos so I don't know how to share my two favorite wedding pictures with you. Maybe some day I will find out.
Honey was 19, had hair, and was just oh so handsome. He is still very handsome in my book.
I was 18, thin, and anticipating the adventure. I am still enjoying that adventure, but all the rest is gone.
We really didn't have that many hopes and dreams yet, because we were too young to see past college graduation and what that could hold. We have had more hopes and dreams fulfilled than we could have ever hoped for.
The secret to 27 years? Trusting in someone bigger than Honey, knowing that Honey isn't going to change because I whine and beg and complain, and trusting in someone bigger than me to bring my peace and my joy.
I am blessed to be married to one of the great guys. Maybe he doesn't fill that in other people, but it doesn't matter. He is MY great guy and I am so thankful to have had him for 27 years. He has brought joy, comfort, and richness to my life. Not always, but plenty enough to make those other moments worthwhile.
Thank you, Honey!! I look forward to lots more years with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment