I LOVE planning.
Putting things in order, finding a place where things belong, figuring out a great way of doing something...oh what fun!
Really, I do.
I have always delighted in digging through all of the marvelous material available to us as homeschoolers. Reading, downloading sample pages, putting prices in the spread sheet to fit the amount of money I have. Oooooo, it gives me shivers of joy!
I am a little bummed this year. I really don't need to go do all of that searching. *sigh* I already know what we will be working on for next year. *sigh*
I am perfectly happy with the choices, since they are all continuations of what we are doing now. I have really enjoyed the choices we have for this year. I see no need for change.
All that is left to do is compare prices on a few websites. *sigh* There is little thrill in that. Necessary, but not challenging.
Of course, I have a history forum that I read in which all the parents of their 3rd and 4th graders are pushing them to get tons and tons of material under their belts. I did those same things.
Now that we are at the "high school" stage, I know the course work my boy needs to cover. I wonder why I was stressing over all of that stuff then. THEY told me not to stress, but I did anyway.
Well, the planning is mostly done and I won't even need the next material until August. We will go ahead and purchase it in April or May anyway.
I guess it is time for me to try to plan a family vacation. Except that is planning for someone else. Not near as much fun...
At least I know I will enjoy the company along the way.
I hear you! Maybe that is how our friends turn into Party Planners! Sorry the little ones are getting so big and taking all the fun out of everything! lol
ReplyDeleteIs this the J part of your personality? ;)
ReplyDelete