Friday, February 24, 2012

25 Random Things

A friend of mine linked to posts in which people listed 25 random things about themselves.

I am not sure that I even HAVE that many, but I suppose.... I will have to see what happens.

1. I love to cook! Baking is my favorite.

2. Knitting is relaxing to me.

3. I have to read before I go to sleep.

4. I really enjoy reading aloud to my two children.

5. Ya gotta do the voices if you are reading aloud.

6. I like to grow plants, but I don't know much about it.

7. I have become the plant rescuer for my mom... her cat eats them.

8. Italian and Mexican are at the tops of my food lists...IF we eat out.

9. I actually cook breakfast for my kids every weekday....weekends are out.

10. I am a rare breed that even cooks breakfast for hubby each weekday at 6 am.

11. I really don't like Facebook. It is visually too busy. I am too busy.

12. I have never even looked at Twitter.

13. My 14 and 10 year olds still let me read to them at bedtime. We like to find weird, cool books like the Wingfeather Saga.

14. My husband is funny....most of the time.

15. I play too much solitaire on the computer at times.

16. I cannot just sit and watch a movie. I must be knitting or doing sudoku or something.

17. I love routine! Not a strict schedule follower, but the order of the routine is peaceful to me.

18. I have kept a written daily journal almost everyday for the past 6 years. It's kinda boring, but I use it to remember some special events.

19. I am usually mesmerized each Tuesday during my daughter's music lesson. Watching her attention and diligence is humbling.

20. My son's sense of humor is both annoying and captivating. Depends on the moment. :)

21. I LOVE to hang out with my kids. They are fun people.

22. I cannot read a short sentence with comprehension if someone is talking to me. Yet, I am a perpetual multi-tasker....go figure.

23. I get up at 5:28 am just to have time to write in my journal and read my Bible before everyone is up and talking to me.

24. I have been making my own laundry soap each month for the past 4 years. (Even though my son says it makes me sound like a Beverly Hillbilly.)

25. I do not like to talk. I much prefer to listen. Please talk to me. :)

Wow...I didn't think I could do it. (Though I cheated by putting the kids in there. But they count...right?)

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I love learning more about you, But I have to protest #14. I thought we had an arrangement....we do NOT let our husbands know that we think they're funny. ;) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love your laundry det recipe.

    I think your list is great. :) as are you!

    ReplyDelete