Monday, November 28, 2011

I Love Games!

I just might have to find a Games Anonymous group.

I have always liked games and puzzles, but I haven't always had people around who would play with me.

My girl loves to play games with me! We have enjoyed "Buzz Words", "Clue", "Monopoly", "Pictionary Junior", "Chinese Checkers", and many more. We also love to have a jigsaw puzzle out on a table.

Now I live in an age that allows me to play against an impartial opponent. Computers. But I think they cheat sometimes.

My favorite types of games are thinking games.

I have done Sudoku puzzles a plenty. Solitaire is on my computer, but I have a version that has MANY different types of solitaire games. I don't have to get bored with one type.

Now, Kindle has put out several free games. I have enjoyed "Every Word", "ThreadWords", "Pirate Stash", and "Grid Detective". There are several others, but those are my favorite.

My niece just showed us a cool website - www.coolmath.com - Oh my! Now we are really in trouble!! There are hundreds of fun thinking games. Yes, they are in cartoon format, but they are not just for kids. I promise!

My kids have beat me on "Gluey" so far. I better see if I can catch up with them.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was sure a game playing day! You had better practice up on Gluey!

    Bertha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't like thinking games! Well, I like Blokus, but that's about it. I like creative games better. I didn't know Kindle has games. Chloe is getting one for Christmas from her grandpa. I will have to check that out.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete