I was TOLD that I had to post today. The 11 year old was right....again. So much has happened in the 3 months since I have last posted that it became overwhelming to even TRY to post.
We went through at least 3 seasons in those 3 months in our family.
Season 1 - My husband quit his job of almost 4 years and spent 7 weeks working on a building project. During those 7 weeks he finished the two kid's bedrooms, and mostly finished the new family room (the fireplace isn't quite finished). He also worked on the new bedroom for us and a second bathroom. Both of those rooms have a ways to go.
Season 2 - Moving and adjusting. We got moved out to the house that my husband was working on. We had lived here for 11 years before moving into town for 3 years. Now we are back in the house, but we have tried to let the house grow up since the kids are more grown up, too. The adjusting comes from having to stay in town from Monday afternoon until early Wednesday morning. Thankfully, my mom has space for us to invade and we do not have to make the 2 hour round trip drive to town and back each of those days.
Season 3 - My husband has recently taken a new job, BUT... This new job is located 2 1/2 hours (one way) from home. It is a Monday -Friday job, so it was cheaper and more fuel efficient for him to get an apartment there and come home on the weekends.
In between all of the seasons, we had mini-seasons. Our local homeschool group had their 9 week co-op, we had 3 more birthdays in our house, my girl made all-region orchestra, my girl and I got to go visit our most favorite friends, I had a part-time job that took more than part-time, Thanksgiving, and we are trying to prepare for Christmas.
Oh, and, my boy is now employed by his dad to help his grandfather around the family ranch. It is a wonderful time for him to get to learn some man skills alongside a Godly man.
I do believe that we will get to slow down just a little as of today. I am claiming that!!
My goals for the new year include:
Doing my best to keep the weekends more low key so I can enjoy my husband
Keeping the weeks less busy so I can enjoy being a family
More time to relax at the park on Tuesday
More time to visit my mama.
My blog totally doesn't seem to follow yours, even though my picture is up on your blog. But I re-found you anyway! If you were trying to hide, you failed! So, are you asking, "Lord, what do you want to be for me in all this adjusting that you couldn't be in any other situation???"
ReplyDeleteHugs!