I have to say that this was the busiest summer I remember in YEARS!
The kids and I went to my grandfather's memorial service in June. We got to see lots of family I hadn't seen in forever, and then we met some that I had never met before (and some of those were my age).
My girl got to attend Junior Citizen Police Academy, an mini art camp, and then orchestra camp. My boy attended a theater camp.
So far, that sounds like a pretty normal summer at my house. That usually leaves plenty of time for my most favorite of all my quirks. Cleaning THOSE spots.
Now, I must, almost shamefully admit that my favorite way to start the summer is to list each room in my house and assign a week to that room. During that week I break that one room into sections and go through everything I possibly can. Closets and drawers, corners and crevices. Nothing is suppose to be safe during that week. Of course, time gets past me and some of those closets still have some STUFF in there that should have gone. But, I do find joy in this methodical restructuring.
However, this summer, that did not happen at all.
My girl and I were given the most fabulous opportunity to spend almost a constant month or more with two of our most favorite people (outside our family). Thankfully, it is a mother and daughter pair so our time wasn't divided very much. What a blessing to be able to spend this precious time with them!
Unfortunately, most of the time was spent packing all of their entire house into a storage facility so they could join Dad where he has been working four hours away from us.
There is not one single drawer or closet in my house that is sorry it got overlooked as we did all of theirs instead.
My Abba Father was so gracious during the whole time to encourage and exhort all four of us to be able to enjoy the time (almost) to its fullest. Only occasionally did my girl or I have to focus on the loss before us. What a faithful Father He is!
Hopefully, in this techno age, I will be able to keep up with them better than other people I have lost.
We continue to ask Father, "What do You have for us in this situation that You could not have provided any other way?" He continues to answer.
Bless you our dear, dear friends as you are faithful to follow where the Lord sends you.
Oh dear! I am so SAD at the loss of this family in our community. You and your family were such a blessing to them and I am grateful that you could help. What a wonderful friend you are!
ReplyDeleteWe have the same thing going on here with not getting our summer projects done. I am usually so on top of it but I just couldn't get a handle on it this year. So I'm glad I'm not the only one who will be trying to crank out some of those summer projects before the holidays hit.
Love you! Lisa~
I've been praying for you as you make the transition to long distance friendship. I shed a tear or two for you and DeeAnn.
ReplyDeleteWanna come do my rooms next summer? :)
hugs!
Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to come out and work with you! Sounds like we could have a grand time! Oh, and maybe we could get some work done, too.
Hee! Hee!
ReplyDeleteI will try to keep the rattlesnakes away. Oh, and the bears too.
We just found a fabulous camping site and area to visit. Finding more all the time. We could have a TERRIFIC time! :)
After a year (or so...) I have logged back into blogger. It was an amazing summer. And you will never know how much you helped me through it. You were a bright spot in the middle of a big storm.
ReplyDelete