Little Girl has really been wanting to set up the tent in the backyard. I like the idea, but I am not willing to sleep out there most nights. I have to get up in the morning by 5:50 and get Daddy's breakfast. He could probably survive one morning, but don't tell her that.
I would have to be the one to sleep out there with her. Dad won't. My Boy won't stay out there after dark. So that leaves Mom. I will do it during the summer.... I think.
I came up with a satisfying compromise. We set it up this morning and it will come down on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. In the meantime, they are doing school out there, can picnic out there, make it their EPF HQ, and whatever else they can devise. We did make sure we both have walkie talkies, too.

In the first hour I had to redo the two ends (at separate times, of course), Deliver water and popcorn, and install a fan. Nothing like roughing it!

Take a second look at these two pictures and try to tell me that boys and girls aren't all that different! And these were taken in the first 15 minutes outside!
She was still getting it all situated and he was settling in to his history reading.

I wonder what other adventures they will concoct out there in the next couple of days. It sure is fun winning every once in a while. The best part of winning is when all sides win at the same time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment