Sunday, August 1, 2010

School Days Strike Again!

It is time once again for Rock Castle Academy to hit the books.

We began our 9th year of schooling this past Monday. Gracious!!
She is doing 6th grade level work and he is doing 8th grade level.

Math, of course, is one of the majors. (Yes, I did make her go back in and remember her dollar sign and decimal point. But, she is just so cute!)

Reading is still one of our favorite things! (Try not to notice how hairy his legs have gotten. :-D)


Journal writing and creative writing are a big part, too. Maybe good writing posture should be next. But, they were having so much fun. Really!

They have both voted, and so far, science is one of their favorite things. Really! She was having a good time, I just caught her when I called his name. We all giggled at her expression. Eye protection is important. We don't want wayward tomatoes causing damage to our eyes!

It should be another good year with some great students.

2 comments:

  1. They are growing up! I can't believe it's time for school to stat again. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great students! ;-) Eye protection... good idea.

    ReplyDelete