Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life Song

I love to sing. I enjoy good music. Of course, my definition of good music is different from other people. I guess everyone has their own opinion of good music.

Music is not something I have spend a lot of time and effort on. I don't play music except on a CD player, so I am quite limited. My daughter plays music. My husband plays music. I just sing along.

I wish I could sing like some of the people I know. But I am what I am. I do have the privilege singing with my husband on Sunday mornings, but that is the only way I am allowed to sing. Oh, I do get to sing with my kids at home, too. They smile and I am happy.

One of the ways I meditate on the Word of God is through lyrics of good songs. I prefer songs that contain scripture or the truth of scripture. There are whole sections of "Christian" music to which I have a hard time listening. If I can't understand most of the lyrics the first time through, it doesn't go on my list of good music.

One that we recently found (that isn't new on the market) is Lifesong by Casting Crowns. "Let my life song sing to you," is the repeating phrase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHM3sxSxzE

Wow! It was another reminder to me that we all wish to be important somewhere in time. Everyone's life sings some type of song. Wow! I really don't want a soap opera or country-western, down-in-the-dumps-again kind of life. I don't even what the high strung, floozy kind of life.

My life song sings. I want my life song to sing to the King of all Kings. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment